Nurse practitioners have more advanced schooling and training and are able to prescribe medication when needed. The nursing profession can be very stressful at times as they most often have many patients to look after at the same time. A very busy and demanding job.
…. heath is personal…..
I am a registered nurse (RN) with an excellent hospital track record. I am an exceptionally well organized individual with administration experience and excellent interpersonal and people management skills. I understand the importance of taking a person-centered approach and in every aspect of my nursing, I ensure my patients are respected, involved and feel in control. I have previous experience with complex care, high dependency patients and spinal Cancer patients. I have been trained on public health standards and I ensure the care I deliver is fully compliant
Part time duties in LifChild – Uganda till to-date
- Serve community children by visiting their homes; determining patient and family needs; developing health care plans; providing nursing services and treatments; referring patients with social and emotional problems to other community agencies.
- Help the community health care team by coordinating assessment, planning, and providing of needed health and related services; participating in case conferences with physicians, hospital and rehabilitative personnel, and representative of other agencies.
- Provides health information by instructing family in care and rehabilitation of a child or guardian; maintaining health and prevention of disease for family members; teaching home nursing, maternal and child care; providing instructions in other subjects related to individual and community welfare.
- Safeguard health of children by participating in child health-conferences, school health; providing group instruction for parents; conducting immunization programs.
- Arrange convalescent and rehabilitative care of sick, or injured child by cooperating with families, community agencies, and medical personnel.
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending changes in processes; implementing changes.
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and children’s records.
- Avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements; keeping children’s information confidential.
- Update public health job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance public health department and LifChild reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.